There was no basis for Bisram to blame the AFC for the Agricola unrest
Vishnu Bisram, that pollster with roots in the PPP was at it again, this time explaining away the wrongdoing of his political party and trying unsuccessfully to put the blame on the AFC for the Agricola unrest. Bisram must be exposed on this missive of his in the Stabroek News dated Oct.15, 2012. Was he on the ground in Agricola to ascertain the facts? If not, whom did he gather his facts from; Anil Nandlall who was in North Georgetown, miles away from the real street action in Agricola?
This man got some brass to pretend to call himself an independent pollster and still want to have the transport to write such partisan pro-PPP political tripe.
1. At 1:38 PM on October 11, 2012, the Demerara Waves issued a public news release quoting Dr Roger Luncheon in his diatribe “We shall not be moved.” In this article there was also public evidence of that disrespectful and mocking “Let’s rumble” declaration from Luncheon.
2. By 4:00 PM on the said date, Agricola was in turmoil as a reaction to the Luncheon declaration.
3. At 5:17 PM, Shonette Grant, the mother of the slain young man cut down in the prime of his life with bullets from Agents of the PPP regime, issued a statement that said “Mr. Luncheon need to apologize….” She further stated “Since he ready to rumble, we will rumble…..”
4. At about 6 PM, residents of Agricola stated that they observed foreigners in their village robbing people especially Indo-Guyanese but they were too busy running from Police tear gas to carry out citizen’s arrest of these thugs.
5. If Bisram has the capability to analyze the situation then he can answer this question – Which political party has the most to gain when Indo-Guyanese are robbed and beaten in street demonstrations?
Certainly not the AFC! Therefore, why would the AFC want to throw away the 12,000 plus votes it got in Berbice?
So how on earth can he arrive at the conclusion that the “opposition should be held accountable for the violence.”
What was the empirical basis of his conclusion? Is this how he arrives at his poll results?
On hearsay or on the figment of Luncheon’s imagination!
It is easy for us to conclude that Bisram hears what he wants to hear and believes what he wants to believe which in both cases is not the truth.
He has willfully chosen not to accept what the Mother of 17 year old Shaquille Grant has said and instead has joined with the mouthpieces of the Jagdeo/Ramotar cabal as they spread their propaganda, distortions and untruths on all the PPP aligned media houses.
But to expose the immoral intents of Bisram; in the same letter he did a Romney flip-flop on citizens of Guyana when he claimed “While I have no evidence suggesting that the opposition AFC and APNU, (PNC) directed and managed the violence, as claimed by the government, both opposition parties must be held liable and accountable for the violence and robberies arising out of the protest, and the victims should go after them for justice as well as compensation.”
In addition to being verbally wicked, this statement also exposes a level of intellectual bankruptcy only associated with the PPP.
While on the one hand he claimed that he has no evidence to suggest the opposition AFC and APNU (PNC) directed and manage the violence; yet on the other hand he said the opposition must be held accountable.
Well if Bisram is speaking the truth, we have just purchased all of Manhattan. We rest our case.
Dr. Asquith Rose
and Harish S. Singh