The Brutal Facts about Guyana’s Finance Minister
The arrogant Ashni Singh had a chance to defend his wretched budget to the parliament on April 17th, 2012; a budget which promised lots of bribes, payoffs and contracts for the FOPPPC (friends of the PPPC government) gang in Guyana but reflected very little vision for a new tomorrow, and very little investment in the people of Guyana. He did so with all of the arrogance, deceit and entitlement the nation of Guyana has come to expect from the PPPC party over the past 19 years. This deceitful man is beneath contempt, and he is yet to answer for a long list of evils perpetrated on the citizens of Guyana. To begin, he must explain to the Guyanese people, why his wife; the most senior accountant in the Auditor General’s office, is sitting in a key position of influence with an unqualified and incompetent Auditor General who has been acting for the past 7 years.
Brutal facts will never forget the PPPC’s incompetence, corruption, class warfare and savagery meted out to the Guyanese people since their political reign. Additionally, there is no doubt, that Ashni Singh has been the brain; albeit the corrupt brain, behind the PPPC vision for Guyana and we are aghast at the words of our most esteemed but sadly out of touch, Finance Minister in parliament yesterday.
For those who continue to sing his praises, we urge you to listen again as he attempts to convince the suffering Guyanese citizens that 16% VAT rate does not adversely impact the lives of poor people in Guyana. This could not be made more clear than in his multiple examples of how the 16% rate is affecting the hypotical “he”. Ashni the great intellect should run his hypothetical on a single mother of 4 struggling to make ends meet in a family where every dollar counts. Tell her that 16% VAT is not strangling her family.
Wielding his Phd degree in thievery, he stood up in front of parliament and for 90 minutes dodged, defended and rationalized the miserable failings of his hapless party. The Guyanese citizens deserve better and if the opposition, for one minute believes that this brutal regime intends to share governance, compromise or even entertain their ideas, then they will surely have to answer to the Guyanese citizens when they gullibly fail to act decisively and swiftly to dismantle the corrupt PPPC budget as it stands.
At the end of the day, Ashni Singh still has to answer the following questions
- Why is his wife the most influential person in the Auditor General’s office; an office responsible for being the check and balance to his own Ministry of Finance, on behalf of the Guyanese people?
- Why are the military forces underfunded, thus allowing citizens to continue to suffer security fears?
- Why did he choose this budget to burden the Linden community with a vicious increase in electricity rates?
- Why is education underfunded in Guyana and why are citizens getting no value for money?
- Why are public servants underpaid – teachers, police, firefighters
- Why are youth recreation facilities nonexistent?
- Why are there no jobs for the people of Guyana?
- Why is UG underfunded and has the PPPC infiltrated their advisory board with political hacks who have no understanding of how to run a university system
- Why is the VAT still so high?
- Where are the billions of taxpayer dollars lost to corruption and nepotism allowing FOPPPCG (friends of PPPC government) to benefit
In the final analysis, even after his insincere weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth in parliament yesterday, there must be no mistaking the intent of this 2012 budget. The purpose is to clearly enforce a caste system in Guyana, where the elite FOPPPCG control all of the assets and where the poor and working class are so busy and tired trying to make ends meet that they are unable to fight to change the status quo.
The citizens of Guyana must not allow this to happen. Lindeners must not allow this to happen. Poor people of all races must not allow his to happen. The opposition must not allow this to happen. The PPPC must listen, compromise and change their corrupt ways. The people must insist on it.